Get Fit for 2024
Time: 17:00 - 18:00
Location: Keeley Street
This course has now started
- Course Code: FGF02
- Dates: 09/01/24 - 12/03/24
- Time: 17:00 - 18:00
- Taught: Tue, Daytime
- Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
- Location: Keeley Street
- Tutor: Caroline Ings-Chambers
Course Code: FGF02
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This exercise to music course is about gently increasing fitness levels to give you greater stamina for engaging with physical activities. Toning exercises adopt a total body approach to strengthening and shaping the muscles of the body.
Each lesson begins with a gentle fifteen-minute cardio-vascular warm up to mobilise and prepare the body for exercises that train the muscles of the legs, hips, arms, upper back and abdomen. Exercises are performed in standing and lying on the mat. Hand weights and resistance bands can be used as options to increase the effectiveness of training. A relaxing cool down segment at the end of the class, stretches and releases muscles and joints.
What will we cover?
- Five elements of fitness: cardio vascular fitness, strength, endurance, flexibility, co-ordination skills
- Strengthening and shaping leg muscles using specific exercises
- Training and tightening gluteal muscles using targeted exercises
- Training to tone the arms and upper back
- Exercises to help flatten and strengthen the abdominal muscles
- Flexibility and mobility.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Experience improved levels of fitness
- Increase strength and endurance of the leg muscles
- Develop strength in the gluteal muscles to support the lower back
- Increase upper body strength in arms and upper back
- Strengthen the abdominal and core strength muscles
- Feel more flexible and mobile.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Practical class involving tutor demonstration and explanation of exercises and stretches
- Total body approach
- Group guidance from tutor on technique and alignment
- Individual learner support on effective technique
- Relaxed friendly atmosphere.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Trainers or exercise shoes
Comfortable light weight clothing suitable for exercise.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any other Yoga or Pilates course.
Caroline teaches Yoga and Pilates. She believes that movement patterns — like the patterns of our fingerprints — are unique to each one of us. Despite this many people feel disconnected from their movement. Caroline is committed to helping others learn how to move using Yoga and Pilates. She knows from her own experience how the joy of movement goes on and on giving. A fully qualified, experienced British Wheel of Yoga teacher, Caroline’s classes emphasise spinal health, integrated movement, breathing, and Yogic philosophy. Her work is about facilitating others to open and develop physically, mentally and spiritually. Caroline is an experienced Q3 Pilates teacher, whose approach re-activates the whole body during Pilates movements by aligning the spine, engaging core strength to support the spine, then flowing movements from this set up. Specialist qualifications that support different population groups assist Caroline to be inclusive in her teaching: Yoga for Adults with Special Needs, Exercise with Disabled Clients, Exercise for Active Older People. Caroline divides her time between working with Movement Studies and her academic field of Victorian Studies.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.