What is the course about?
Becoming one’s own boss is a perspective that is becoming increasingly interesting in our modern era but the practical aspects of the set up can be daunting. This course aims at clarifying the various steps that need to be undertaken before starting, along with some advices for a successful activity kick off.
This is a live online course. For more information please see our guide to online learning.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Preparing goal and business plans
• Prospect client base
• Preparation & administrative basis
• Setting the right fee for your services
• Invoicing & cashflow management
• Knowing the right tech & tools (calendar, invoicing)
• Growing your business.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Know how to prepare before becoming a sole trader
• Know and understand the different administrative steps to take to register as a sole trader
• Recognise and manage the administrative aspect of their business once starting
• Have the tactics and tools to develop their business.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have general computing and internet skills. You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of practical activities, discussions and demonstrations. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No associated costs. Just bring a notepad and a pen. Course handouts will be provided by your tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Grow in confidence with networking – for work and business, Developing a successful business plan, Developing and managing your brand, Brand identity, Self-presentation skills for business people, Business plan: Financial planning and forecast, Business skills for creative businesses, Strategy: introduction, Social media for business.