What is the course about?
This course will help you transition from relying on sending emails to learning how to share and manage files. You will become confident in the principles of cloud use specifically using Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms. You will learn the different ways of sharing documents, how to co-edit them, keep control over co-editing, how to maintain security, how to manage your shared files. You will focus on how to use Google forms and use these to collate data.
What will we cover?
• The transition from sending emails with attachments to sharing and managing files
• The principles of Cloud use specifically using Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Tthe different ways of sharing documents, co-editing them, keeping control over co-editing,
• Maintaining security, managing your shared files
• How to use Google forms to collate data
• How to sync your devices safely and securely.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Be more confident in the sharing of files rather than sending emails and attachments
• Articulate the principles of Cloud use specifically using Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms
• Confidently use the different ways of sharing documents including co-editing them
• Keep control over the co-editing process including tracking changes
• Maintain security of your files and apply principles of cyber security to them
• Manage your shared files effectively
• Use Google forms to collate data
• Sync your devices and apps safely and securely.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a post-beginners’ course and aimed at those who are beginning to use the Cloud and would like to do so more confidently. Learners should be confident on the Internet and in using email.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each student has their own computer. Presentations will be made using computers, interactive whiteboard, overhead screen and printed notes. Step-by-step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts. Classes are taught in British Sign Language, and written English.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a folder, pens and paper. There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are a variety of other courses you could do after this course - for example:
Design and build your own website
Edit and improve your photos with Photoshop
Introduction to Indesign.