- Emergency First Aid at Work: QA Level 3 Award (RQF)Course start date: Sat 24 Sep 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Steven FaerberDo you know what to do if there is an accident at work or someone complains of chest pains? Gain a qualification in emergency first aid and acquire the knowledge and confidence to help someone until the emergency services arrive. Please bring photographic ID.
Please note: This course is excluded from our usual refund and transfer policy. Please ensure you read the course outline fully to ensure the course is right for you. Transfers are not possible once the course has started.
Cancellations must be made in writing 21 days before the start of the course to be eligible for a refund and a 20% admin charge will be deducted from the refund amount.
- Massage: an introduction (access to level 3)Course start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Hilary LyonsDiscover how massage can relieve stress and promote relaxation and healing through touch. Learn techniques to perform on family and friends. Suitable for those with a general interest or wishing to progress on to a qualification.
- Shiatsu: taster workshopCourse start date: Mon 26 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Fernando CaboShiatsu is a Japanese healing art, deeply rooted in the philosophy and practices of traditional Chinese medicine. This therapeutic form of body work involves applying pressure to the body using a practitioner’s thumbs, palms, elbows, knees and feet. Discover the basics of how to give this relaxing and therapeutic pressure point massage.Full fee £39.00 Senior fee £39.00 Concession £39.00
- Certificate in counselling skillsCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Diana Pigott, Ana WellbrookThe application process for this course is now closed.
Do you want to develop counselling skills for paid or voluntary work? This course includes occasional weekend sessions which you will be required to join and one compulsory residential trip away.
In order to apply for this course, please ensure that:
• you have (or will have) completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours, with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years).
• you have completed an introductory counselling course of 30 hours with an attendance record of at least 70% AND you have completed a ‘Counselling introduction: advanced’ course (or equivalent) with an attendance record of at least 80% (within the last three years)
• you are able to speak and write fluently in English (level 2/GCSE).
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling: Integrative PathwayCourse start date: Mon 12 Sep 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreThe application process for this course is now closed.
You will need to have completed a level 3 certificate in counselling skills course (minimum 145GLH) within the last three years to be eligible to apply. This two-year course awarded by ABC Awards qualifies you to practise as a counsellor.
The course fee is £2225, plus an upfront fee of £2374 payable at the time of your enrolment.
If you are unable to pay the course fee upfront, you can choose to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan from Student Finance England (SFE) to help cover the cost, repayable after the course ends. You can find more information about the Advanced Learner Loan www.citylit.ac.uk/advanced-learner-loans
If you are unable to pay the upfront fee, you can talk to our Information, Advice and Guidance team who will advise you on other financial support available. You can contact the Advice and Guidance Team by phone on 020 7492 2500 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call Psychology, Counselling & Personal Development on 020 7492 2530.
- TSUBOKI Japanese face massageCourse start date: Sat 17 Sep 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Kean Street Wellbeing CentreTutors: Janet WhiteheadTSUBOKI is Japanese Face Massage that is a wonderfully relaxing yet energising treatment suitable for men or women who want to feel good on the inside and look good on the outside. Rejuvenate your face and reduce wrinkles! Learn Tsuboki Japanese facial massage techniques to use on friends and family.Full fee £79.00 Senior fee £79.00 Concession £79.00
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list