Politics, Economics & Current Affairs
Courses Online & In London
Our politics and current affairs courses will help you understand the changing world around us:
- Want to get to grips with the issues dominating today’s headlines or develop your understanding of different political systems?
- Keen to discuss fake news and propaganda or eager to use key concepts to analyse politics?
- Eager to make sense of politics in the US, the EU, the emerging BRICS powers (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa)? Want to learn more about global issues such as conflict and migration?
Our politics and current affairs courses, whether short or long, in the classroom or online, offer something for everyone.
If interested in our advanced politics course, please contact politics coordinator Martin Jorgensen at Martin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- A taste of politicsCourse start date: Wed 10 Apr 2024
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Martin JorgensenBorders, conflicts, citizenship, elections, activism and global politics. We see these topics on the news every day. Some seem connected, others less so. Join our politics taster to get perspective and an overview of our politics courses.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- The future of democracyCourse start date: Mon 15 Apr 2024
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Christian SchneeWant to think about and discuss what makes and breaks a democracy? Join Dr. Christian Schnee to engage in this vital discussion.Full fee £99.00 Senior fee £79.00 Concession £64.00
- Why do we obey? The politics of obedienceCourse start date: Tue 16 Apr 2024
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Christian MichelWe groan against bosses, berate politicians, demonstrate against most aspects of the social system, and then humbly take our orders from above. Is obedience imprinted in our genes? How submissive must people be for society to function? In this short course we will discuss the politics of obedience – drawing on psychology, anthropology, history, and political philosophy.
- More current affairsCourse start date: Wed 17 Apr 2024 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Michael BloomfieldContinue your exploration of current affairs through lively, informed discussion. Run as a tutor-moderated discussion group of current news events. This course follows on from 'Current affairs' but new students are welcome. Tutor: Michael Bloomfield.
- How we come together and drift apartCourse start date: Tue 30 Apr 2024
Location on this date: OnlineTutors: Francesca GranelliThe twenty first century has placed a question mark over subjects that we thought were settled: politics, states, nations, and peoples. This course explores these themes to help understand what might happen next.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £89.00 Senior fee £89.00 Concession £58.00
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list