What is the course about?
This course will give you the knowledge you need to create a healthy, tasty diet that will help you to lose weight and keep it off, learning which foods promote weight gain and which are safe to eat. Discover different ways to fit activity into your life, even if you hate exercise and find out which weight loss supplements really work.
What will we cover?
- Good carbs and bad carbs: is there any such thing?
- The importance of protein
- Weight loss supplements: which ones work and which are a waste of money
- Finding ways to make exercise do-able for you
- Designing a weight loss diet that you can stick to and enjoy
- The truth about fat.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Devise a healthy diet which will promote weight loss and suit you
- Understand which fats to include in your diet
- Have a clear understanding of portion size and how frequently some foods can be eaten
- Know which weight loss supplements are worth buying
- Devise an activity programme for yourself.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No prior knowledge of nutrition is required or special skills needed.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
There will be a variety of teaching methods including group work, pair work, short videos, presentations, and class discussions.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a pen and paper.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may wish to attend one of the other courses taught by Ellie Holly including Vegan and Vegetarian vitality: a nutritional guide; Manage the menopause with a healthy diet: Food for a great mood.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details