What is the course about?
This course follows on from our very popular HTML5 & CSS: introduction (stage 1) course. In this course you will learn how to plan and design the layout of your website, add multimedia content and design web forms using the new HTML5 elements.
This is a live online course. For more information please see our guide to online learning.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Planning the design and structure of your website using Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
• Controlling page layout with CSS
• Elements with meaning: learn about the new Semantic Elements in HTML5
• Use video and audio in your web page
• Embed Web Fonts into your webpages
• Embed external resources into your Web documents
• Design web forms using the new HTML5 input types, form elements and attributes
• Creating an example site
• Publish your website through a web server.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Give your pages a consistent look and feel
• Use a range of style settings for formatting
• Set positioning and layout with CSS
• Use the new HTML5 Semantic Elements to define different parts of a web page
• Use the video and audio elements to insert video/audio files into your web pages
• Use Google Web Fonts in your web pages
• Display external content within your webpage using the iframe element
• Design HTML forms using the most common input types
• Upload and test your website on a web server.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You will be expected to have completed the HTML5 & CSS: stage 1 course or have equivalent knowledge. If you have not studied the HTML5 & CSS: stage 1 course, please check the course outline to see that you are familiar with what was covered. You will also need good basic computing and file management knowledge.
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Step by step instruction / demonstration and hands - on exercises to practice HTML code.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No there are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?