What is the course about?
This hands on HTML & CSS course provides knowledge in CSS position to build your own layout and how to apply it to create a responsive design. The course will also cover some advance CSS effects. You will get the skills needed to design a website from initial conception to the HTML/CSS layout.
This is a live online course. For more information please see our guide to online learning.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• CSS Positioning : Static, Relative, Absolute and Fixed
• Floats revision
• HTML relationships (hierarchy)
• Box model and HTML default tag behaviour
• CSS Z Index and Centering
• Using Pseudo classes
• Using the Flexible Box CSS layout mode
• Using Media Queries
• Using multiple background
• CSS3 transitions
• CSS3 and Form design
• Create an example responsive website
• Publish your website through a web server.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Apply Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format your web pages including the Flexible Box CSS layout mode
• Position independently elements on the page using CSS
• Set formatting styles by using HTML relationships and CSS pseudo classes
• Apply CSS stacking order and centre attribute to HTML elements
• Apply CSS Media Queries to change the look of a page according to display size
• Use advance features such as CSS multiple background and transitions
• Use CSS3 to create a modern look to HTML forms
• Troubleshoot framework CSS.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at students with intermediate level of HTML5 & CSS.
You should have knowledge of:
• Basic HTML structure
• Basic CSS features such as applying colours, borders padding and margins.
• Using a simple Word Processor or text editor
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions and add, subtract, multiply and divide.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Step by step instruction/ demonstration and hands on exercises to practice HTML code and CSS syntax which will help you grasp all concepts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?