HTML5 & CSS3: advanced (stage 3)
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Location: Keeley Street
- Course Code: CHL21
- Dates: 20/04/24 - 27/04/24
- Time: 10:00 - 17:00
- Taught: Sat, Daytime
- Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
- Location: Keeley Street
- Tutor: George Stickney
Course Code: CHL21
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This hands on HTML & CSS course provides knowledge in CSS position to build your own layout and how to apply it to create a responsive design. The course will also cover some advance CSS effects. You will get the skills needed to design a website from initial conception to the HTML/CSS layout.
What will we cover?
• CSS Positioning : Static, Relative, Absolute and Fixed
• Floats revision
• HTML relationships (hierarchy)
• Box model and HTML default tag behaviour
• CSS Z Index and Centering
• Using Pseudo classes
• Using the Flexible Box CSS layout mode
• Using Media Queries
• Using multiple background
• CSS3 transitions
• CSS3 and Form design
• Create an example responsive website
• Publish your website through a web server.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Apply Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to format your web pages including the Flexible Box CSS layout mode
• Position independently elements on the page using CSS
• Set formatting styles by using HTML relationships and CSS pseudo classes
• Apply CSS stacking order and centre attribute to HTML elements
• Apply CSS Media Queries to change the look of a page according to display size
• Use advance features such as CSS multiple background and transitions
• Use CSS3 to create a modern look to HTML forms
• Troubleshoot framework CSS.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at students with intermediate level of HTML5 & CSS.
You should have knowledge of:
• Basic HTML structure
• Basic CSS features such as applying colours, borders padding and margins.
• Using a simple Word Processor or text editor
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions and add, subtract, multiply and divide.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Step by step instruction/ demonstration and hands on exercises to practice HTML code and CSS syntax which will help you grasp all concepts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view our web development courses or click here to view our Digital Marketing and Social media courses.
Disclaimer: Use of Third-Party Software
This course might require you to either use your own personal account or create an account for the purposes of this course. City Lit cannot accept any responsibility for any failings of the third party or provide technical support. Whilst using the software you will be responsible for abiding by the providers terms and conditions and maintaining your own work.
George graduated with a degree in Art,Design and Media and soon after became interested in the burgeoning web design industry. He started learning HTML and associated web design skills and later worked for design agencies and as a freelance designer on a variety of projects ranging from large corporations to small businesses. After dipping his toe into the teaching pool, George found he really enjoyed sharing his skills with others and helping them to achieve their goals and has been teaching for Visual Arts at City Lit since 2012. The thing he enjoys most about teaching at City Lit is the wide range of interesting people he meets at work.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.