What is the course about?
Instagram is a photo and video sharing platform that you can use to grow and develop your business. This course will serve as an introduction to using Instagram for your business, from setting an account and creating relevant content to using it as a powerful business tool.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• An overview of Instagram
• Why Instagram?
• Taking a photo and opening a photo from the camera roll in Instagram
• Setting a location or tagging another instagram user in a photo
• Settings overview - how to switch from personal to business
• Editing photos, effects and filters
• Discussing Instagram strategy for Business
• Planning Instagram content for your business (aesthetics)
• Discussing Cross-channel marketing for Instagram.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Create a post with relevant hashtags.
Have a good understanding of Instagram and the way you can use it to expand the identity of your business.
Identify ways to use Instagram for your business and start on a strategy for it.
Know what tools to use to create beautiful content easily, as well as what tools and techniques will drive your business forward.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have a smart phone with the Instagram application downloaded. You need to already have an account and how to log into the account without any problems. Basic knowledge of how to post. You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course consists of discussions, demonstrations and practical examples. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation and class discussion. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You should have access to your existing social media account(s) and remember to bring with you the log in details. If you don’t have existing account(s) you will need to bring a valid email address and its password to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content during the class and gain valuable hands-on experience.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Social media for business, social media expert, social media content strategy or any of our social media courses.