Instagram for business: introduction
Time: 18:30 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CIB02
Choose a start date
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
Instagram is a photo and video sharing platform that you can use to grow and develop your business. This course will serve as an introduction to using Instagram for your business, from setting an account and creating relevant content to using it as a powerful business tool.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• An overview of Instagram
• Why Instagram?
• Taking a photo and opening a photo from the camera roll in Instagram
• Setting a location or tagging another Instagram user in a photo
• Settings overview - how to switch from personal to business
• Editing photos, effects and filters
• Discussing Instagram strategy for Business
• Planning Instagram content for your business (aesthetics)
• Discussing Cross-channel marketing for Instagram.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Create a post with relevant hashtags
• Have a good understanding of Instagram and the way you can use it to expand the identity of your business
• Identify ways to use Instagram for your business and start on a strategy for it
• Know what tools to use to create beautiful content easily, as well as what tools and techniques will drive your business forward.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have a smart phone with the Instagram application downloaded. You need to already have an account and know how to log into the account without any problems. Basic knowledge of how to post is required. You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor in English.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will need a smartphone or tablet. The course consists of discussions, demonstrations and practical examples. One to one guidance and support will be given throughout.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You should have access to your existing social media account(s). If you do not have existing account(s) you will need to have a valid email address and its password to sign up for a new account. This will help you to practice the course content during the course and gain valuable hands-on experience.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view all our Digital marketing and Social media courses.
Amber holds an MBA in International Marketing, and previously worked as a Marketing Manager and Account Director for various marketing agency in London, where she was an early adopter in using social media in campaigns with high success. After the recession in 2009, she started teaching adults how to use social media to promote their business, often working with career changers who were switching gears after being made redundant to start their own businesses. She began teaching social media at City Lit in 2015. Her approach is dynamic and engaging, vowing to make the scary world of social media accessible to everyone from the tech-savvy to the technophobe!
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.