What is the course about?
Logosynthesis uses words to stimulate processing of old unwanted thoughts and images. When it is effective the changes made are positive, rapid and permanent. A tool for freeing up frozen perceptions from the past and invoking positive change, helps recombine our fragmented parts. The name is made up of two ancient Greek words, ‘logos’ and ‘synthesis’ translated as putting together meaning or word. The combination refers to how words are used to recombine our fragmented parts – literally it is about using words to put people back together.
What will we cover?
• What happens when we are stuck and cannot process stressful events at the limbic system and midbrain level
• How the effects of Logosynthesis are similar to non-verbal trauma treatments such as eye movement desensitation and reprocessing (EMDR) and emotional freedom techniques (EFT).
• Using the power of logosynthesis to retrieve peoples’ energy that is bound up in old traumas, representations or images which are activated in the present.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Learn about Logosynthesis and how we can begin to let go of unhelpful old images or feelings that stay with us.
• Reflect on how the effects of Logosynthesis are similar to non-verbal trauma treatments such as eye movement desensitation and reprocessing (EMDR) and emotional freedom techniques (EFT).
• Identify whether or not using the power of logosynthesis sentences to retrieve energy bound up in old traumas, representations or images works for you?
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No previous knowledge required. However a good understanding of the English language. This does not mean you have to speak it perfectly, it is more important you understand what is being said.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Small projects between classes to encourage behavioural activation are suggested, but not compulsory.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No other costs. Do bring a notebook and pen.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Course is experiential, feedback will be to the whole group and deals with whatever comes up in class.