What is the course about?
This 1.5hr online workshop will introduce you to concept boards and how they can be used to capture the look and feel of a space. We’ll look at tapping into your creativity to develop an idea for a space and techniques to capture the style, mood, colours and textures. We will bring all these elements together into an accessible format for your client.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
-What is a Concept board?
-Lateral thinking techniques to tap into your creativity.
-How to create a concept board for a client.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Describe your vision for a space
- Select suitable imagery for your concept to convey a mood
- Produce a simple concept board to a brief.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for complete beginners who have an interest in interior design and are keen to learn how to put their ideas down in a digital format.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Short presentations will be broken up with group discussions and some practical work.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
- A5 cartridge paper, coloured pencils/ markers, Microsoft PowerPoint or equivalent to be able to create a digital page.
- You will be taught using Google Meet for the LIVE sessions with your tutor and Google Classroom Elearning platform which will store all handouts and live sessions links.
- You will need to login into our Google classroom before our sessions starts.
- You will need a computer or laptop with a fully updated google chrome browser as this works best.
- Using headphones with microphones will block out all room noise in sessions.
- If you are using a tablet or mobile device will need a microphone, and optionally a camera check if suitable before your course starts.
- You will require a good broadband connection as mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle will not provide sufficient Bandwidth during live sessions.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Have a browse of our other interior design courses offered at City Lit.