What is the course about?
You will gain a basic knowledge and skills of how to work with basic elements of Sage computerised accounts software like working with Purchase, Sales and Nominal ledgers.
What will we cover?
• Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers
• Processing invoices and credit notes
• Processing bank payments
• Basic company reports.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Set up a new company
• Backup and restore company’s data
• Create new accounts for customers and suppliers
• Edit accounts of existing customers and suppliers
• Create new nominal accounts
• Edit existing nominal accounts
• Enter invoices and credit notes for customer and suppliers
• Enter bank receipts from customers
• Enter bank payments to suppliers
• Print supplier and customer details and activities reports.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory course (Stage 1) for computerised accounts. The learners who would like to study this course should be computer literate, be able to do basic Maths operations (plus, minus, times and division) and work with calculators.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course involves lecturing on the knowledge and skills required for computerised accounts. The students should work individually and in pairs on their computers to practice the given worksheets. In case the students cannot finish their work in the classrooms, they have opportunity to continue their work in the learning area outside the classroom.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No. You will be given notes and worksheets for the course. Reference books on Sage computerised accounts are available in the Support Learning Centre for learners to use.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Introduction to Sage Payroll, a short introduction to bookkeeping, introduction to business accounting.