What is the course about?
This course is intended for learners who have studied Irish for a year, or who have an equivalent level.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Talking about the future
- Making plans and arrangements for daily life and travel.
- Clothes & Shopping.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Feel comfortable using future tense to make plans and arrange travel.
- Use an identify words and phrases around the topic of clothing and shopping.
- Feel more confident in everyday casual conversation.
Please note that outcomes may change depending on pace and particular interests of class.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for those who have completed Irish Beginners: Module 3 or who have studied Irish for a year. If you are a speaker of Irish who is coming back to the language after a while it may also be suitable. Contact the languages department for more information if you are unsure of your level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will use a variety of handouts, powerpoints, listening and reading materials. There will be an emphasis on spoken Irish and active conversation and role play will be used throughout.
Home work tasks will be given to students each week.
All material provided by teacher.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
The course book used will be: Gaeilge Gan Stró- Beginners (ISBN: 978-0-9563614-4-8).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Irish 2: Module 2.