Italian beginners: holiday kit
Time: 11:00 - 14:30
Location: Keeley Street
Course Code: LBTN2
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
This Holiday Kit will provide you with all the language you need to communicate in the most common holiday situations & have a friendly chat with the locals!
What will we cover?
1. Have a go at a simple conversation when you’re out & about-say hello & goodbye, give and ask for basic & personal information ( your name, which languages you speak, where you are from etc)
2. Buy items in shops, ask about prices
3. Order food & drinks & ask for the bill
4. Ask for directions
5. Numbers including the time
6. At the hotel
7. Buy tickets, enquire about departure/arrival times/ delays & platform number
8. At the chemist
9. Cultural advice (e.g. tipping, paying in a café) which may be different from the UK.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.