What is the course about?
On this course, you will have the opportunity to review and develop your knowledge of sentence structures and grammatical functions to understand more advanced and complex expressions. You will also have the opportunity to improve your speaking and listening skills as well as consolidate your reading and writing skills to enable you to use your Japanese in various situations in your real life.
This is a live online course. For more information please see our guide to online learning.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Based on lessons 3 Japanese for Busy People Volume 3. To learn this level efficiently, you will review key grammatical points from Japanese for Busy People Volume 2.
Expressing causes of or reasons for situations or outcomes, describing trends and common sights.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Review from Japanese for Busy People Volume 2
- Expressing suppositions using “desho”, “daro”
- Going somewhere to do something and comeback “tekimasu”
- Describe a change in state using “tekimasu”
- Indicating that an action/ event has been completed “teshimaimasu”
- Describe actions done or to be done in preparation for the future “teokimasu/”
- Describe changes using "yoninaru"
- Describe negative changes using "nakunaru"
- Describe continuous changes using "~teiku", "~teikimasu"
- Talk about changes in your life (review)
- Talk about trends and common sights
- Understand the various compound words using kanji
- Use polite and casual speech.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course. Ideally you have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam N5, or you should have completed Japanese for Busy People Volume 1 and 2, as well as preferably Volume 3 lesson 1 and 2.
Students should be able to read and write Hiragana and Katakana and have some knowledge of Kanji.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Active student interaction
Emphasis on speaking and listening skills
Pair and group work, and discussion
Use of realia, pictures and authentic material
Use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Japanese for Busy People 3 (revised 3rd edition).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Japanese 4/5: module 2.