What is the course about?
On this course you will consolidate your knowledge of the structures of the Japanese language and will work on
more complex grammatical structures and functions. You will develop the four linguistic skills with particular
emphasis on spoken/conversational Japanese.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Based on lessons 1 & 2 Japanese for Busy People Volume 3.
Compound Kanji words. Various topics taken from newspapers, magazines and advertisements.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Express certainty "hazu"
- Express beliefs and expectations using "~rashii"
- Give impressions "~soo"
- Express ideas using “noni”
- Make a complaint
- Make excuses
- Describe appearances and impressions
- Understand the various compound words using kanji
- Use polite and casual speech.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course, ideal iof you have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam N5. Some basic knowledge of Kanji necessary.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Active student's interaction
- Emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- Pair and group work
- Discussions and role plays
- Use of realia, pictures and authentic materials
- Use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your teacher will advise you on materials in the first session.
Please ask your tutor about other courses and workshops we run or check our web pages for more information.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Japanese 4 lower: module 3.