Japanese 4 lower: module 3
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
complex grammatical structures and functions. Suitable if you have studied Japanese for about 5 years or have an equivalent level.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LJ432
Duration: 12 sessions (over 12 weeks)
What is the course about?
On this course you will consolidate your knowledge of the structures of the Japanese language and will also be
working on more complex grammatical structures and functions. You will develop the four language skills with a
particularly focusing on spoken and conversational Japanese.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Every day conversation based on various situations, formal and informal. Emphasis on more complex structures and grammar patterns.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Give reasons using "~tameni"
- Describe changes using "~yooninaru" and continuous change "~teiku" "~soo"
- Talk about changes in your life
- Talk about trends and common sights
- Give a presentation
- Identify the meaning of various kanji on adverts and notice boards
- Use polite and casual speech.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course. It is ideal if you have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam N5. Some basic knowledge of Kanji is necessary.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- active students' interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work and discussion
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic materials
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your teacher will advise you on materials at the first session.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please ask your teacher or check our web pages for more information on courses and workshops.
Kiyomi started teaching Japanese in 2002. Since then, she has taught Japanese in the adult education sector at the various institutions and universities. She joined City Lit in 2013 and she has been teaching at all levels, from Beginners to Advanced classes. She is also working as a writer for a Japanese free paper where she writes about cultural information for Japanese people. She enjoys working both as a language teacher and a writer, as she likes to deepen her understanding of Japanese in its basic form, as well as developing her use of the language creatively. She’d like to spread her passion for the Japanese language to learners and believes that learning about a different cultural perspective is just as important and enjoyable as learning about the language itself.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.