What is the course about?
On this course, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of sentence structures and grammatical functions to understand more advanced and complex expressions. You will also have the opportunity to improve your speaking and listening skills as well as consolidate your reading and writing skills to enable you to use your Japanese in various situations in real life.
This is a live online course. For more information please see our guide to online learning.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Based on lessons 2 Japanese for Busy People Volume 3.
Reporting difficulties, expression of beliefs, inferences, certainties, impressions and describing situations which are contrary to expectations.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Express certainty "hazu"
- Express beliefs and expectations based on information "rashi"
- Express impressions-1 "rash/"
- Conveying information gained elsewhere “sou” (review)
- Express impressions-2 "sou"
- Express ideas using “noni”
- Make a complaint: usage of “n desu” (review)
- Make excuses
- Describe appearances and impressions
- Understand the various compound words using kanji
- Use polite and casual speech: verbs for giving, demonstratives.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course. Ideally you have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam N5, or you should have completed Japanese for Busy People Volume 1 and 2, as well as Japanese for Busy People Volume 3, lesson 1.
Students should be able to read and write Hiragana and Katakana and have some knowledge of Kanji.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Active student interaction
- Emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- Pair and group work
- Discussions and role plays
- Use of realia, pictures and authentic materials
- Use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Japanese for Busy People 3 (revised 3rd edition).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Japanese 4 upper: module 2.