What is the course about?
On this course, you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge of sentence structures and grammatical functions to understand more advanced and complex expressions. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to improve your speaking and listening skills as well as consolidate your reading and writing skills.
We will cover a wide range of everyday situations, including cultural information about Japan and focus on improving your conversational Japanese.
This course is suitable for the learners who have studied Japanese for about 6 years or have completed 'Japanese 4 lower' and ‘Japanese 4 upper module 1’ or equivalent.
What will we cover?
Based on lessons 2 Japanese for Busy People Volume 3.
Nominalizing sentences, describing methods or circumstances, the effects of an action, your efforts and purposes.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Nominalaize sentences using "koto"
- Indicate methods or describe circumstances
“~te or ~de/”, “~naide or ~zuni”
- Describe ongoing action or states “~teiru/” (review)
- Express the effects of an action using “~tearu"
- Express purposes "yoni"
- Describe your efforts using "yoninaru"
- Common phrases using "koto/"
- Talk about ways of doing things
- Explain how to use facilities
- Understand the various compound words using kanji
- Use polite and casual speech.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course. Ideally you have passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Exam N5, or you should have completed Japanese for Busy People Volume 1 and 2, as well as Japanese for Busy People Volume 3 lessons 1 and 2.
Students should be able to read and write readi and write Hiragana and Katakana as well as have a good knowledge of Kanji.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Active student's interaction
- Emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- Pair and group work
- Discussions and role plays
- Use of realia, pictures and authentic materials
- Use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Japanese for Busy People book 3- Revised 3rd edition.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Japanese advanced course in the new academic year.