What is the course about?
You will improve your listening, writing and reading skills in order to pass JLPT N5. You will also focus on answering techniques for each section of tests. Suitable if you have studied Japanese at least for 3 years.
What will we cover?
Guidance for new JLPT level 5
• Analysing the Listening test and practising
• Analysing the Reading & Grammar test and practising
• Analysing the Writing & Vocabulary test and practising
• Learning Kanji
• Time management and improving fast reading
• Mock exam and understanding the exam format.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• demonstrate knowledge of the format for the listening exam
• read some sentences faster
• demonstrate a better understanding of grammar
• have extended vocabulary (including everyday vocabulary)
• demonstrate knowledge of over 100 kanji characters
• be familiar with the exam technique
• understand the JLPT outline.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You need to have completed Japanese for Busy People book 2 / lesson 6, or equivalent.
Please call the Languages department on 020 7492 2644 if you are unsure of your level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Using the real exam style practice and giving practical advice, using English and Japanese.
Discussion and pair work.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please, talk to the tutor for advice.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details