Items 1-15 of 98
- Get together and readCourse start date: Thu 29 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Claire AllenEnjoy talking with other people about the things you have read? Want to share great stories, poems and drama? Come along and join the conversation. The group is led by a shared reading practitioner trained by The Reader Organisation.
- Storytelling for business and pleasure 1Course start date: Tue 4 Oct 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: John EastmanAll cultures respect the world of Story. The ability to tell Stories, in a variety of settings, is a skill that has seen a strong resurgence both in the workplace and in contemporary performance. Gain greater confidence in your communication skills and apply this to your wider experience. This course will be delivered in the college.
- Contemporary printmaking studio: focus on creative layersCourse start date: Wed 5 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Anne-Marie FosterThis course is a chance to develop personal artwork, using traditional printmaking methods with a contemporary approach. Experiment and embrace the possibilities within combined layers and surface textures. Processes covered include monotype, screen-printing and etching/intaglio. All levels of experience welcome.Full fee £749.00 Senior fee £599.00 Concession £487.00
- Contemporary sketchbook: mixed media, ideas and projectsCourse start date: Fri 7 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ruth BrisonContemporary mixed media sketchbook explores the possibilities of working with personal themes and stories that are part of your life and examines how you could develop them in greater depth, through expressive visual techniques.
Inspired by personal passions, family history, as well as ongoing ideas, you will work with different materials and techniques that will enable you to explore these ideas further, in many directions, whilst bringing a diversity and richness to your sketchbooks.Full fee £389.00 Senior fee £311.00 Concession £253.00
- Communicate with confidence through voice and body languageCourse start date: Sat 8 Oct 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Nikki KellyDiscover how to enhance your vocal impact and physical presence in many situations and become aware of habits that may hold you back from achieving your full potential. Skills on this intensive Saturday course include communicating with confidence, establishing rapport, learning assertive posture and gesture, vocal energy and projecting an effective personal style.
- Japanese woodcut printmaking techniquesCourse start date: Tue 20 Sep 2022 (and 5 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Carol Justin WilhideAn introduction to the beautiful and delicate printmaking world of Japanese Woodcut. Explore this water based, non-toxic process and build an appreciation for the handmade. You will learn how to design, carve and make a multi-coloured print. Beginners welcome.Full fee £329.00 Senior fee £263.00 Concession £214.00
- Contemporary printmaking studio: focus on developing techniquesCourse start date: Tue 11 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Simon BurderExplore and develop personal work using traditional printmaking methods with a contemporary approach. Techniques covered include drypoint, etching, linocut, collagraphy, lithography and photo etching. All levels of experience welcome.Full fee £749.00 Senior fee £599.00 Concession £487.00
- The 60 minute writerCourse start date: Wed 28 Sep 2022 (and 10 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Anna RichardsFit creative writing into your busy day: a relaxed, informal rolling programme for writers of all levels of experience who enjoy being thrown new ideas and experimenting with poetry and prose.
- Printmaking workshop: focus on colourCourse start date: Tue 11 Oct 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Kath CastilloA course for intermediate and experienced printmakers wanting to build on previous experience and experiment with process to consolidate and hone technical skills. The focus is on colour application, advanced intaglio processes, realising personal projects and the production of high quality prints.Full fee £399.00 Senior fee £319.00 Concession £259.00
- Feldenkrais: Awareness Through MovementCourse start date: Tue 27 Sep 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Charlotte SeirbergLearn how to reduce tension and move with more ease, and notice improvements in your mobility, posture, breathing, balance, coordination and quality of life.
- Picture framing and mounting for beginnersCourse start date: Tue 13 Sep 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Esther HeyhoeLearn picture framing and mounting skills for the home or workplace. Using professional framing tools and equipment you'll be taught all the skills you need to work in a busy studio or alternatively how to set up your own small scale practice from home.Full fee £309.00 Senior fee £247.00 Concession £201.00
- Cut, stab and etch: printmaking with linocutsCourse start date: Fri 16 Sep 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Lisa CradduckCut, stab and etch your way to dynamic blocks and exciting prints. Practical instruction in both traditional and inventive linocut printmaking techniques, including the reduction method developed by Picasso, multiple block printing and Polish dot linocut.
- Art history tasterCourse start date: Fri 16 Sep 2022 (and 14 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Sarah JaffrayCurious about art history? Join us for this taster session where we explore different ways into visual art and its histories, from the ancient to the contemporary.
- Picture book writingCourse start date: Mon 24 Oct 2022 (and 8 other dates)
Location on this date: Online (other locations are available)Tutors: Andrew WealeWould you like to write a picture book text for young children? This course is designed for children's writers and for illustrators wishing to write their own stories, develop their ideas and technique.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- Writing for magazinesCourse start date: Mon 26 Sep 2022 (and 7 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Susan GrossmanGet inspired to write on this practical course for freelance journalists and bloggers. Learn to carry out research, interview people, pitch and publish stories, and build your presence on social media.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list