What is the course about?
Korean 2 is for learners who have studied Korean for a year (or have the equivalent level), and will focus on improving speaking and listening skills while still enabling you to work on your reading and writing in Korean.
What will we cover?
- Talking about plans and intentions (I would like to…/I want to…)
- Talking about time
- Honorific Verbs
- Future tense
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Talk about what you want to do
- Express units of time and distance
- Use the future tense
- Describe yourself/other people/objects using adjectives
- Use honorifics when addressing people older than you.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is for learners who have studied Korean for a year or who have a similar level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
The tutor will let you know if there are any textbooks required. Please bring a notebook and a pen or pencil to class.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details