What is the course about?
Korean 2: Module 3 is a lower intermediate Korean course for students who have already studied Korean for about 2 years/about 90 hours. The emphasis is on achieving a good level of communication and accuracy in speaking, listening, reading and writing and a deeper understanding of Korean culture.
What will we cover?
- Have done +verb
- Asking a favour in honorific
- The name of Hangual consonants.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Express a request to get someone to perform an action.
- Express experience in the past.
- Indicate a standard from which a comparison is made: more... than/-er... than
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Learners should have complete Korean 2: module 2 or have an equivalent level.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
The tutor will let you know if there are any course books you need to buy.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Speak to your learner about your progression.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details