What is the course about?
This self-contained course is for complete beginners to acquire basic knowledge of the Korean language and culture and to develop their speaking and listening skills.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Topics: personal information, signs, numbers, daily routine, food.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- to greet people
- to introduce oneself and others
- to give personal information
- to ask for personal information
- learn the Korean alphabet
- to use number and prices
- to tell and understand the time
- to order food.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for complete beginners.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The lessons are based on the communicative approach. The emphasis is put on speaking and listening. There will be pair and group work as well as role-plays. Audio-visual materials will be included whenever appropriate. Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your tutor will advise you on the coursebook on the first session.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Korean beginners: module 2.