What is the course about?
An introduction to the use of a range of different Acrylic mediums to expand painting possibilities. Experiment using Gloss and Matte mediums, Impasto gels and Slow drying mediums to change the viscosity and enable the practice of painting techniques normally associated with oils such as: glazing and luminosity, blending, wet on wet, Impasto and texture.
What will we cover?
- Use and effective qualities of adding acrylic mediums,
- Techniques such as: glazing, layering, blending, wet on wet and impasto - Produce a swatch card of the effects of acrylic mediums on colour and viscosity
- Present a simple painted study exploring use of chosen mediums.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use acrylic mediums for effective qualities
- Add mediums to extend possibilities of techniques; glazing, layering, impasto, wet on wet.
- Develop a swatch card as sampler of medium and inherent qualities for future use.
Apply techniques of adding mediums to a painted study.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
All levels - Beginners, those with basic painting experience, and those needing to develop their skills.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Demonstration and practice, Group tuition, individual tuition and feedback Q & A
No homework necessary.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All basic materials are provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Depending on your level;Painting 1, Acrylic painting course, Complete painting course 1 + 2, or any other of the city lit painting courses such as City Lit Fine Art.