What is the course about?
Improving your skills and expanding your knowledge of oil painting mediums and techniques . This will build your confidence and encourage an informed, individual approach to this exciting material . There will be short demonstrations showing the special properties of different mediums followed by guidance on how to create a varied and lively oil painting.
What will we cover?
- The use of a range of mediums for oil painting such as linseed oil, damar varnish, spectra-gel and Liquin, glazing mediums
- Colour mixing and pigments
- Some special properties and methods of oil painting.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Understand the use of different mediums in oil painting
- Use Layering and glazing techniques in oil painting.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
All levels are welcome, from beginners to improvers.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Demonstration and practical application. One to one and group discussion.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials are provided, a sketchbook would be useful.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You will be able to progress on to a variety of painting or acrylic courses, such as Painting 1, 2 or 3, depending on your level.
Please see the City Lit website for details of our varied curriculum.