What is the course about?
This course is aimed at beginners to watercolour, or as a refresher course for those students who have some experience of using this exciting and versatile medium. With reference to a variety of artists, we will explore
different subjects to developing methods and techniques.
What will we cover?
We will cover colour mixing as well as watercolour techniques such as wet on wet, layering and dry-brush etc.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Develop colour mixing with watercolour paints
- Explore different approaches to mark-making and brush technique
- Investigate composition to plan and develop imagery
- Explore the work of a variety of watercolour artists related to different subjects.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for beginners or as a refresher course for students who have some experience in watercolour painting.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- You will be taught by demonstration, individual and group tuition and discussion.
- You may be asked to research artists relating to course sessions.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are watercolour paints available for the first session, but students are encouraged to bring their own paints and
a large watercolour brush as the course develops. Advice on all materials will be given at the first session. There is
a charge for the watercolour paper we use at cost price.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Watercolour: Developing still -life
- Watercolour: cityscapes for beginners
- Watercolour: still-life and life painting.
- Exploring watercolour and mixed media
- Introduction to watercolour intensive.