Life coaching: GROW model
Time: 10:30 - 16:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PS730
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
Life Coaching is a powerful and empowering process enabling individuals to identify personal and professional goals and create action plans to achieve them. This course explores what coaching is, its uses and benefits, and some of the key tools and techniques involved. This course will help you whether you want to (a) identify and achieve goals for yourself, (b) use coaching tools to develop your staff or © train to become a life coach. The key focus is on the GROW model in coaching.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- What is coaching?
- When is coaching useful? Who is it for?
- Overview of coaching core competencies
- The GROW model
- Goal setting and the power of ‘inspirational’ goals
- Life coaching tools
- Being SMART
- Learning to coach: organisations and qualifications.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Describe what coaching is, its uses and benefits
- Use the GROW Model
- Apply one or more coaching tools to help myself.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Open to all, no prior experience or knowledge required.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Many practical, interactive exercises involving discussion, self-assessment, using the GROW Model and Coaching Tools.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a pen and notebook with you. The trainer will provide handouts and worksheets to accompany the course exercises and content, and to support the learning. No advance reading required.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
We offer further personal development courses that complement this course, such as: Life Balance (PG694); Enhance your Listening Skills (PS704).