What is the course about?
• Exploring how historical painters’ studies led to iconic art works.
• Learning how these techniques translate into modern technology for planning a piece of art.
• Making studies in preparation for creating a piece of art.
What will we cover?
• Sketching from observation.
• Using technology to update the process of making preparatory studies.
• Planning a piece of art.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• increase your understanding of how historical artists use studies
• understand how to make observational studies.
• use quick study skills to plan a piece of art.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
• At introductory level you need no previous skills.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All basic materials are provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
This practical workshop will lead onto other painting, drawing or sculpting courses.