What is the course about?
On this course you will learn and practice meditation and relaxation techniques, for calm, peace and a positive perspective on life. We will explore how to connect with our own inner wisdom for insight and inspiration.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
You will learn and experience a variety of meditation techniques, including guided meditations, breathing and visualisation. We will look at the power of the mind; how a change in our perspective can create a happier and more peaceful way of experiencing life’s challenges.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Learn and practice the meditation and relaxation techniques in your daily life
- Quieten the mind in order to connect to your inner wisdom
- Recognise a positive change in the way you experience everyday life.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for absolute beginners to meditation and those who want to renew or refresh their practise. You are required to read short sentences, follow verbal instructions and extract information from handouts.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- Discussion and exercises
- Guided meditations
- Practical demonstrations with handouts
- Group discussions
- You will be expected to practise between sessions.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Choose other health related courses from our Health & Lifestyle programme.