What is the course about?
You will be introduced to a range of mindfulness meditation practices during a day that is mainly experiential. We'll explore background theory, and there will be time for you to consider the relevance of mindfulness to your own life.
What will we cover?
- A variety of meditation practices including the bodyscan, mindful movement, awareness of breathing and the breathing space
- Background theory
- Areas and issues where mindfulness can be helpful
- How to take things forward if you want to.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Identify a range of mindfulness practices
- Identify ways in which mindfulness may be helpful for you
- Describe some key underlying principles of mindfulness
- Identify how to take this work forward if you want to.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for anyone who is interested in exploring this approach to meditation. To access the course you will need to understand English. There will be some gentle, mindful movement, which can be adapted if you have any physical difficulties.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
- You will be taught by a qualified mindfulness teacher who has her own established mindfulness practice
- The course will be highly experiential and you will participate in meditation practices led by the tutor
- The course is a one off workshop and there is no requirement for any other work outside of the day.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You do not need to bring anything. It will be helpful to wear comfortable clothing.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are a range of ways in which you can follow up this day including other City Lit courses. The tutor will give you information on these.