Muds and clays for healing and rejuvenation: taster workshop
Time: 14:00 - 17:00
Location: KWC - Kean Street Wellbeing Centre
This course takes place in the classroom, please follow this link to find out what we are doing to keep you safe: Staying COVID-19 secure at City Lit
Course Code: FCL55
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This course is an introduction to using muds and clays for healing and rejuvenation.
Our ancestors knew instinctively that eating clay could help minimise the damaging effects of food poisoning, and Alexander the Great’s soldiers took clays on military marches to deal with wounds, food poisoning and hunger! Today, both mud and clays are used extensively in health spas, medical resorts and naturopathy clinics, You will learn how you can use this powerful nature’s gift to help restore a youthful appearance, and improve physical health and wellbeing.
What will we cover?
- History of muds and clays in natural health and beauty procedures
- Types of healing muds: composition, benefits, uses & applications - Freshwater muds, salt water muds, Dead Sea mud
- Most common uses of muds: face masks, poultices, body wraps, etc.
- Types of healing clays - composition, benefits, uses & applications
- Most common uses of clays: face masks, poultices, body wraps, foot baths, etc.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use 3 healing clays & muds safely at home
- Create 3 mud and clay preparations to use in health & beauty procedures
- Identify at least 3 therapeutic properties of clays and muds
- Identify at least 3 methods of using clays/muds to maintain health & vitality
- Explain therapeutic benefits and uses of 3 types of clays and muds for health and well-being.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Beginner level. No prior experience or knowledge of muds and clays needed, just curiosity, enthusiasm and willingness to participate.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This will be an experiential workshop with some theory taught via presentation. Much of the workshop will be
hands on and practical. You will be in small groups for discussions, and in pairs for practical elements of the
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. Handouts and products are provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
• Introduction to healing with Muds and Clays – 1 day workshop
• Magnesium & other Salts for Health & Vitality - 1 day workshop
• Magnesium & other Salts for Health & Vitality - taster workshop
• Any of our many bodywork courses such as massage or aromatherapy - please see website for details.