Napoli: passato, presente e futuro
Time: 11:00 - 13:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
Course Code: LNW33
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
The course will take you onto a journey of discovery through the city of Naples. You will watch videos and clips from movies, comment images, listen to songs and share your opinions and experiences about this beautiful and controversial city which, for centuries, has attracted foreign visitors, and still attracts millions of tourists from around the world.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
A brief introduction of the city's history, a presentation of its customs and traditions, a virtual tour of its main attractions and an overview of its main dishes.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- demonstrate a better knowledge of the city of Naples
- demonstrate an understanding of its customs and traditions
- demonstrate knowledge of the city's lesser known attractions
- demonstrate knowledge of its gastronomic specialities.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
As the course is taught in Italian you will need an advanced level in the language (A Level or above recommended).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Students will be encouraged to share any experiences they may have of the region and the topics being explored. Use of audio-visual material, pair/group discussions, questionnaires, handouts etc.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You may want to bring a notebook and pen. Handouts will be available.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any level 4 or 5 Italian courses; other Italian seminars or short courses.