What is the course about?
Learn the reasons crime series are so popular in Nordic culture and get your first experience of the Swedish language through a famous Swedish TV character.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Basic sentences to introduce someone or a place and insight in the Swedish crime in fiction culture.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- to say my name and the one of others
- to basically introduce someone (nationality, place of residence, work, habits…)
- to understand an aspect of Swedish culture.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The session will involve to work in pairs or small group, to repeat words or sentences and to participate actively in activities.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
based on the tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Introduction to Swedish in January.