What is the course about?
How to improve your diet and lifestyle to reduce joint and musculoskeletal health problems.
What will we cover?
• The causes of osteopenia, osteoporosis and some common arthritic conditions
• Which dietary supplements may help these conditions
• How diet can improve or exacerbate joint and arthritic problems
• How diet influence the health of your bones and joints
• How medication may effect joint health
• Other lifestyle factors which influence joint health.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Discuss the causes of osteopenia, osteoporosis and arthritic conditions
• List supplements which maybe helpful for these conditions
• Describe how diet can help or hinder joint and bone health
• Discuss how exercise and other habits can influence bone and joint health.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No previous experience is needed.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Teaching methods will include class discussion, powerpoint presentations, pair and small group work, question and answers.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a pen and paper. Comprehensive course handouts will be provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other courses in the Health & Movement department.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details