Online marketing: a detailed introduction
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
Location: KS - Keeley Street
This course takes place in the classroom, please follow this link to find out what we are doing to keep you safe: Staying COVID-19 secure at City Lit
What is the course about?
This course looks at techniques you can use to market a business on the internet. If you are looking for a shorter course on this, subject the course Online Marketing: a short introduction provides a short overview of the more important topics in this field.
What will we cover?
• What is Internet marketing
• Internet Marketing and traditional marketing
• Outbound and inbound marketing
• Building an effective website: Structure and content
• Search engines and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• How advertising on the internet works
• Using Google AdWords
• Social media marketing (blogs, forums and the social networks)
• Monitoring and managing online marketing.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify a range of internet marketing techniques and choose suitable ones for a business
• Identify website problems
• Make effective use of search engines to send visitors to a website
• Demonstrate an awareness of online advertising techniques
• Recognise Google AdWords and other online marketing schemes
• Appreciate how businesses can use social media channels for marketing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should be computer literate and be interested in how a business can use online marketing. This course is suitable both for those who have little or no previous experience of these topics and those with some experience who wish to improve their knowledge of this area.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught step by step through using demonstrations and presentations and by completing practical exercises on Computer. Each student has access to a computer for practical work.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Specialised digital marketing courses including: Google Analytics: introduction, Search engine optimisation (SEO), City Lit Pro: search engine marketing, City Lit Pro: implementing a content strategy, Google AdWords: introduction, City Lit Pro: Introduction to Mobile Marketing Strategy, City Lit Pro: introduction to conversion rate Optimisation, City Lit Pro: Introduction to marketing metrics and ROI and City Lit Pro: start a career in digital marketing.
Julian worked as a technical manager for two large organisations before taking a career break to study for an MA and to qualify as a teacher. He now divides his business hours between working as a freelance marketing consultant and business coach for small to medium-sized businesses, and teaching for City Lit, two other colleges, and for a number of charities that help people gain the skills to start their own business. His key interests include web design and marketing, content strategy, search engine marketing and the use of social media. He is a huge fan of WordPress and also teaches a range of IT courses in Java, Python, PHP and App development.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.