What is the course about?
This course looks at techniques you can use to market a business on the internet. If you are looking for a shorter course on this, subject the course Online Marketing: a short introduction provides a short overview of the more important topics in this field.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• What is Internet marketing
• Internet Marketing and traditional marketing
• Outbound and inbound marketing
• Building an effective website: Structure and content
• Search engines and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• How advertising on the internet works
• Using Google AdWords
• Social media marketing (blogs, forums and the social networks)
• Monitoring and managing online marketing.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify a range of internet marketing techniques and choose suitable ones for a business
• Identify website problems
• Make effective use of search engines to send visitors to a website
• Demonstrate an awareness of online advertising techniques
• Recognise Google AdWords and other online marketing schemes
• Appreciate how businesses can use social media channels for marketing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should be computer literate and be interested in how a business can use online marketing. This course is suitable both for those who have little or no previous experience of these topics and those with some experience who wish to improve their knowledge of this area.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Practical exercises, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Specialised digital marketing courses including: Google Analytics: introduction, Search engine optimisation (SEO), City Lit Pro: search engine marketing, City Lit Pro: implementing a content strategy, Google AdWords: introduction, City Lit Pro: Introduction to Mobile Marketing Strategy, City Lit Pro: introduction to conversion rate Optimisation, City Lit Pro: Introduction to marketing metrics and ROI and City Lit Pro: start a career in digital marketing.