What is the course about?
This course looks at techniques you can use to market a business on the internet. If you are looking for more in-depth course on this subject the course Online Marketing: a detailed introduction covers all this material and more at a deeper level.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
An overview of:
• Traditional marketing and the internet
• Outbound and inbound marketing
• Search engines and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• How advertising on the internet works
• Social media marketing.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify a range of internet marketing techniques and choose suitable ones for a business
• Get started with SEO
• Demonstrate an awareness of online advertising techniques
• Appreciate how businesses can use blogging and social media sites for marketing.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should be computer literate and be interested in how a business can use online marketing. This is an introductory course and suitable for those who have little or no previous experience of the subject.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each student will have their own computer.
Presentations will be made using computers, whiteboard, overhead screen and printed notes.
Practical exercises, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Online marketing: a detailed introduction, Google Analytics: introduction, Google AdWords: introduction, City Lit Pro: start a career in digital marketing, Developing a marketing strategy.