What is the course about?
As a therapist it is important to have confidence in understanding pathologies and medication your client may disclose. This course aims to build your confidence in a variety of common pathologies and pharmacology faced in a clinical environment.
What will we cover?
• What is pathology?
• Acute and Chronic presentations
• Common pathologies, their presentations, allopathic screening and treatment
• Common medication for complaints and considerations for the complementary therapist.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Improve confidence with client’s presenting a pathology and/or taking prescribed medication
• Discuss pathologies in a way your client will understand
• Discuss treatment adaptations to support client’s needs
• Identify possible impact of client’s medication.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is designed for those who hold a level 3 or above qualification in Massage, Reflexology. Aromatherapy or Sports massage.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught in a variety of ways including:
• Class discussions and presentations
• Hands on demonstrations
• Pair and small group work
• Flipped learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Pen and paper for making notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A range of other CPD courses for professional therapists is available, such as: Advanced massage using sports massage techniques; Deep Tissue massage for Professionals; Practitioners Certificate in Japanese Facial Rejuvenation.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details