What is the course about?
This course is for those with previous Lightroom experience who feel they would benefit from revision of some of the techniques and processes. You will review the Lightroom modules, consolidate your knowledge and improve your confidence in the key areas of the programme. You will develop a professional approach to managing, backing up and storing your files.
What will we cover?
- Overview of Library, Develop, Book, Slideshow, Print and Web modules
- How to create and use collections to improve outputting your pictures
- Improving the colour and exposure balance of individual and batches of images
- Creating an effective and efficient filing system
- File storage, organisation and image backing up.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use the modules Library, Develop, Book, Slideshow, Print and Web with greater confidence
- Use Collections and Catalogs effectively to improve your organisation and use of Lightroom
- Customise and use presets for faster and more efficient image import and export
- Effectively organise your images and create a reliable back-up system.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a revision course and you are expected to have a basic experience of managing and editing images in Lightroom.
The course is ideally suited to those who have completed a beginners Lightroom course.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including workshops, short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, tutorials, group and individual assistance and handouts. Please note the City Lit uses Apple Mac computers in Animation, Cartooning, Digital arts, Film, Graphics, Illustration, Photography and Web design.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring your own pictures to class to ensure the course meets the needs of your own practice and you are able to create your own Catalog. We can supply some images for you to work with, if necessary. Please bring in your own memory stick to store and transfer work (or portable hard drive – please note: PC formatted hard drives can be read by Apple Mac computers, but not written to).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
The City lit has over seventy different practical and theoretical photography courses.
You can search on the web site or request a printed prospectus from the City Lit home page.