What is the course about?
Adobe Lightroom is a software package that allows photographers to both make creative edits and create a filing system for their images. This course is for those with previous experience with Lightroom and shows users how to get more out of the programme, speed up their workflow and refine their results.
Note: Learners should have previous experience of Lightroom and/or should have taken one of our introductory Lightroom courses.
What will we cover?
- Make greater use of the advanced editing functions of the programme.
- Speed up and make your workflow more efficient by using presets to automate repetitive tasks.
- Create and save presets that reflect your own photographic style.
- Explore how best to create internal and external image filing systems.
- Create secure and stable back-ups.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Personalise the Lightroom user interface
- Create import and export presets using refined editing functions
- Use and refine Lightroom develop presets to speed up work
- Set up and use internal and external filing systems and an image library back up.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an intermediate course. You will be expected to have previous experience of Adobe Lightroom, either in day-to-day use or by having taken one of our basic Lightroom course. You will be expected to have basic computer skills.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including demonstrations, group and individual assistance and hand-outs.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Although you can be supplied with images to work with, learners may prefer to bring some of their own images to the course on a memory stick or camera card. We teach on Apple Mac computers at City Lit and our computers can read PC formatted USB stick and hard drives, but cannot write to PC drives.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
The City lit has over seventy different practical and theoretical photography courses.
You can search on the web site at www.citylit.ac.uk or request a printed prospectus from the City Lit home page.