Time: 19:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
What is the course about?
Podcasting, from conception to publication. Your chance to develop your ideas into a fully-fledged podcast, which you will produce in this course. Find out about podcasting structure, production and publication.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Developing and structuring your podcasting ideas
• Targeting your audience
• Recording and editing a podcast using Audacity
• Publicising your podcast
• Keeping your podcasts fresh and vital.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Organise your ideas
• Record your work to a level fit for public consumption
• Efficiently produce and publish for public, private or niche markets
• Gain ideas to develop your podcast further.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For beginners with an interest in podcasting and a basic level of computer literacy.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Speak English fluently
• Read and respond to a variety of text
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This is a practical course of coached sessions including group and solo activities, using appropriate technology.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Podcasting: advanced, Video blogging with YouTube, Blogging: write your own blog with WordPress, or any of our social media courses. Please visit our website to view our portfolio of courses.