What is the course about?
Building your on-screen confidence and learning the skills needed to present to camera for casual vlogging and more formal business videos. This is an interactive and practical online course.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Overcoming nerves, body language, relaxation, vocal warm ups, clear diction, talking to camera in a natural and confident way, writing and memorising short scripts, evaluating performance, home recordings and equipment needed, how to structure an interview, being the interviewee.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Present confidently to camera.
• Conduct an interview/be interviewed.
• Record yourself presenting to camera at home.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is beginners/general level. Some experience or knowledge of presenting/performance//home recording would be helpful but is not essential.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Speak English fluently and clearly
• Understand instructions and be able to work to a brief
• Take direction, be adaptive, take notes
• Receive constructive feedback.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Online presentations, discussion, practical exercises and presenting to camera within the class session and self taping between sessions. You will receive helpful constructive comments from the Tutor, and possible peer feedback from the group. There may be some weekly prep such as viewing and preparing scripts, and a full reading list will be supplied.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
None. Bring notepad and pen.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You could consider enrolling onto DMP032 TV presenting for beginners (intensive); DMP063 TV presenting:
auditioning or consider a general acting course to improve your communication skills.