Recovering our self-esteem
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PG803
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This course is about maintaining a positive self-esteem when life is challenging. It will mostly benefit women of all ages who may, for various reasons, be struggling to maintain a positive outlook on life. It will look at how you value your self worth. Recognising that living life means experiencing highs and lows, it aims to examine the ways to maintain mental and emotional equilibrium during the highs and lows. Circumstances will change but this does not have to negatively impact on the way you feel about yourself.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Understanding self
• How low self-esteem develops
• Enhancing self-acceptance
• Establishing rules for living.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify your central beliefs about yourself.
• Recognise the impact of low self esteem on life
• Establish methods by which you can maintain a positive self-esteem
• Be ready to treat yourself to the good life.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Teaching methods will include tutor presentation, active class participation, small group work and some artwork (optional).
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No other costs. Handouts will be provided by the tutor.