Reiki: taster workshop
Time: 14:00 - 17:00
Location: Kean Street Wellbeing Centre
Course Code: FCL05
Available start dates
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
- Exploring the three levels of Reiki
- Receiving an introduction to giving Reiki healing to yourself and others
- Explore Reiki principles and be introduced to how the Reiki attunement process
- Advice on how to enrol on Reiki Stage 1, 2, and 3.
What will we cover?
- Brief history and principles of Reiki and various applications of Reiki in daily life.
- A basic introduction to the self healing sequences and an introduction to how to treat others seated on a chair.
- The holistic approach to treating people demonstrating client care and professionalism.
- Exploring how Reiki can be incorporated into your daily life supporting personal development and reflection.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Describe some of the history and principles of Reiki
Practice the self healing sequence on yourself
Carry out a brief seated treatment sequence on others in pairs
Explain the holistic approach to treatment demonstrating client care and professionalism.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for all; no prior experience is necessary.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught via presentation and demonstrations from the tutor, question and answer, pair work, group
discussion and practical tasks.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
The manual is included in the cost of the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
This course allows progression to the Certificate in Reiki Healing - Stage One.
Oge is a body therapist and Healer. She has been a practising therapist for 16 years, treating clients with various massage therapies including holistic massage, sports and onsite massage, lymphatic drainage, Indian head massage, reflexology, and aromatherapy, in a variety of settings. She is also a Reiki Master, with particular interest in pet healing. Oge is currently tutor coordinator for the Health and Wellbeing department, as well as actively teaching and developing new courses . Her career in health began 20 years ago working within social care, specifically with children and adults with special needs After healing herself from a mystery illness, she understands how the body, mind and spirit truly work in harmony, and is passionate about bringing bodywork back to its healing roots, and improving wellbeing for everyone. Oge enjoys life
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.