What is the course about?
This course is a revision and consolidation course to enable you to join a level 2 course in January. You will refresh your existing French and revisit the basic.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Topics : introduce oneself, daily routine, travel
Grammar : regurlar and irregular verbs in the present tense, pronouns, past tense
Note: these learning outcomes are just an indication of what the tutor will cover. They will be discussed at the beginning of the terms.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- talk about yourself and others
- use confidently verbs at the present tense
- talk about your daily routine in the present
- describe basically your routine in the past
Please note that the above are flexible as the pace of the lessons will depend on the achievement of the group of students,.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is not aimed at beginners. You will need to have study French in the past (GCSE, O'level or equivalent). This course will enable you to refresh your elementary French to be able to progress to our main provision in January.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
The tutor will advise you to join either a French 2 lower module 2 or a French 2 lower at a gentle pace: module 2 according to your level. The tutor might advise a different level if appropriate.