What is the course about?
The course aims to give students a knowledge of spoken Russian; to enable students to maintain simple conversations in some everyday life situations; to enable students to read in Russian.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Topics: the alphabet, intonation, greetings, introducing yourself, family, directions.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
-talk about yourself
-talk about your family
-make enquiries about simple tourist information
-make enquiries about places (give and ask for directions).
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No previous knowledge required.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Russian beginners: module 1 in September However, please be aware that you will be revising some of the work already covered in this introductory course. Alternatively, you could join module 2 in January. Please enrol as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.