What is the course about?
This is an online interactive course. We will explore the fundamental technical skills required for acting to the camera.
This is a live online face-to-face course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Technical skills such as Hitting marks, Eye line and Continuity.
Basic script and scene analysis.
Please note that acting classes by their very nature can involve exercises and the exploration of material that some students may find challenging.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Perform confidently to camera applying the basic technical skills required for screen acting.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is for beginner's so no specific skills are required.
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Listen and respond to instructions and feedback.
• Communicate clearly in discussion and drama practice.
• Read and respond to a variety of text.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
• Take notes.
• Work within groups and pairs safely.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Your tutor will teach though a variety of techniques during this online course. This will include Individual, pair and group work.
As part of the course content, your tutor may record your image for initial and ongoing assessment purposes. You are entitled to decline to participate in the recording of your image.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
A notebook and pen.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Screen acting: improvers.