Screenprinting in a day
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Location: Keeley Street
Course Code: VS784
Choose a start date
Duration: 1 session
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
You will be guided through the complete process of achieving a 2 colour screenprint, exploring hand-drawn designs that can be processed onto a screen and printed in a variety of colours. Should you wish, you can also use pre-made photographic screens that can be included in your work.
What will we cover?
- Historical and contemporary use of the process
- Exposure times and exposure methods
- Mixing inks and learning about process colours
- Exploring printing techniques
- Using hand drawn marks in screenprinting
- An introduction into photographic practice and how to achieve photographic effects in screenprint.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Clean and degrease a screen for printing
- Coat and prepare a screen for printing
- Making hand drawn stencils that are suitable for printing
- Accurately print a two-colour image with the option to print a pre-made photographic image at the end, using mono-print and colour-blend techniques.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
All welcome, no previous skills required.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Demonstration, examples, practical work, working individually and in small groups, individual tutoring and group
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All necessary materials will be provided for.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You may wish to follow on to one of our screen printing courses - this course serves as an excellent introduction. You can find these on the citylit website.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Information and Advice Shop, open daily
11:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday, 10:00 - 14:00 Saturday during term and 12.00 - 17.00 Monday to Friday during
non-term. See the course guide for further details.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday.